Be Ready for Winter with Help from Our Santa Clarita HVAC Specialists
As the weather turns colder and we begin to prepare our home for the holidays, it is also time to prepare your HVAC system for cold weather. Winter maintenance and preparation for your HVAC system helps your family stay comfortable no matter how cold it gets. The Santa Clarita heating and air conditioning experts at Custom Air Specialists provide affordable, efficient, and reliable HVAC maintenance and repairs.
Call Custom Air Specialists today and request a quote or schedule your appointment for maintenance and repairs. We can perform a comprehensive inspection, repair any issues, and help you with preparation tips for the coming months.
HVAC Maintenance Tips for Cold Weather
Are you ready for winter and the cooler weather ahead? Protect your family and home from the cold temperatures with the tips and maintenance below.
- Check that your thermostat is working properly. Make sure that your thermostat power is connected or that the batteries are fresh. If your model is older, consider a new, programmable thermostat that you can set to turn on and off as needed. Lower the temperature when you are away to save money and remember to set it lower during the night for better sleep.
- Clean or replace air filters. Replacing or cleaning filters can help prevent blockages, prolong the life of your HVAC system, help your system run efficiently, and keep your air clean.
- Inspect your insulation. Insulation inspections help to determine where you may be losing warm air, where new insulation is needed, and where your insulation is deteriorating. Insulation does double duty as it keeps warm air in and cold air out.
- Check ducts for leaks. Check any exposed air ducts for cracks, disconnections, or tears. These can cause inconsistent pressure, creating a disruption in heat distribution that forces the HVAC system to run harder and longer.
- Inspect and perform maintenance on your furnace. Listen for sounds that indicate an issue such as banging, rattling, or other strange sounds. Maintenance may include cleaning the coils and pan beneath the system. Removing dirt, dust, and debris can prevent damage and potential issues in the future. A thorough, professional inspection can help to remedy issues before they become major problems.
Call the SCV HVAC Experts at Custom Air Specialists for Winter Weather Maintenance
Custom Air Specialists is here for all of your HVAC needs, from winter weather preparation, maintenance, and repairs to installation of new systems and cleanouts. We provide cost-effective reliable service for heating and air conditioning systems of all sizes. As a locally owned and operated company, we are happy to help our Santa Clarita neighbors!
Contact the Santa Clarita HVAC professionals at Custom Air Specialists now and be ready for the coming colder months.